- According to its statutes, EAHIL brings together people working or having worked in a professional capacity in health and medical libraries and information services.
- Commercial companies, whose interests coincide with those of the Association, are supporting EAHIL activities as Affiliated Members.
- Individual membership for information professionals is free of charge Please register to join here.
- Individual EAHIL members in Council of Europe member states can apply for scholarships to attend EAHIL conferences or workshop
- Number of members by country
Membership for commercial companies and representatives
- As of 2018, the fee for commercial companies, such as publishers, to join as affiliate members is €500 per annum. Please contact the secretariat to join.
- For postal mailing labels to members, there is an additional fee of €150 (maximum two mailings per year)*
- For email mailing to members, there is an additional fee of €300 (maximum two mailings per year)*
- Affiliate members receive discounts on advertising rates in the Journal of EAHIL
- Commercial company representatives can join EAHIL’s email distribution lists, but may not use the lists for advertising.
- Commercial representatives receive early information about EAHIL conferences and workshops.
- As affiliate members, commercial representatives may participate in committees and attend general assemblies, but do not have voting privileges.
- Affiliated members 2018: American Association for Cancer Research, EBSCO Publishing, Faculty of 1000 Ltd, IOS Press b.v., Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., Nature Publishing Group, NEJM Group, Portland Press Ltd, SAGE publications Ltd, Springer SBM B.V. and Thieme Verlag KG.
* Mailing members: Only those members who actively agree to receive product information by either print or email will be included in these lists. Email addresses of individual members are not shared: affiliate members are given access to a moderated email distribution list.
Membership for information professionals living outside the member states of the Council of Europe
- There is no membership fee for information professionals living and working outside the member states of the Council of Europe.
- Your membership application will not be accepted without evidence that you are a librarian or information professional – for example, evidence of valid membership of a national or regional professional association (e.g. AHILA, MLA, CMLA etc.) or a letter of reference – and verifiable details of your institutional affiliation.
- Since individual membership of EAHIL became free, the benefit of institutional membership for libraries has greatly diminished.
- At present, we encourage new members to use individual membership instead of institutional membership.
Further information about membership
- Please see EAHIL’s Statutes and Rules of Procedure
- Privacy statement about personal data of EAHIL members