- EAHIL brings together people working in a professional capacity in health and medical libraries and information services.
- Commercial companies, whose interests coincide with those of the Association, are supporting EAHIL activities as Affiliated Members.
- Individual membership for information professionals is free of charge. Please register to join here.
- Individual EAHIL members in Council of Europe member states can apply for scholarships to attend EAHIL conferences or workshop
- Number of members per 2021 are 893 European members and 93 non-European members.
Click on the picture to enlarge.
Membership for commercial companies and representatives
- As of 2018, the fee for commercial companies, such as publishers, to join as affiliate members is €500 per annum. Please contact us to join.
- For postal mailing labels to members, there is an additional fee of €150 (maximum two mailings per year)*
- For email mailing to members, there is an additional fee of €300 (maximum two mailings per year)*
- Affiliate members receive discounts on advertising rates in the Journal of EAHIL
- Commercial company representatives can join EAHIL’s email distribution lists, but may not use the lists for advertising.
- Commercial representatives receive early information about EAHIL conferences and workshops.
- As affiliate members, commercial representatives may participate in committees and attend general assemblies, but do not have voting privileges.
* Mailing members: Only those members who actively agree to receive product information by either print or email will be included in these lists. Email addresses of individual members are not shared: affiliate members are given access to a moderated email distribution list.
Membership for information professionals living outside the member states of the Council of Europe
- There is no membership fee for information professionals living and working outside the member states of the Council of Europe.
- Your membership application will not be accepted without evidence that you are a librarian or information professional – for example, evidence of valid membership of a national or regional professional association (e.g. AHILA, MLA, CMLA etc.) or a letter of reference – and verifiable details of your institutional affiliation.
- Since individual membership of EAHIL became free, the benefit of institutional membership for libraries has greatly diminished.
- At present, we encourage new members to use individual membership instead of institutional membership.
Further information about membership
- Please see EAHIL’s Statutes and Rules of Procedure
- Privacy statement about personal data of EAHIL members