The Aims and Objectives of EAHIL are to:
- Improve co-operation amongst health care libraries throughout Europe
- Strenghten links with medical and health libraries in Eastern and Central Europe
- Raise standards of provision and practice in health care and medical research libraries
- Keep health librarians and information officers professionally informed
- Encourage mobility and continuing education, especially in regard to new technologies
- Represent health librarians at European level, in particular at European institutions and at WHO
EAHIL has an Executive Board consisting of the President, the Past President, the Vice President, the Treasurer, the Honorary Secretary, two other members, and a maxiumum of two co-opted members. The Council includes Board Members and representatives of members from different countries. Elections are held by electronic ballot every two years. Protocols and Statutes are found here. Much of the Associations’s work is done by task forces and working groups. Issues of special interests concern Continuing Education, Membership & Fund raising, Publications and work in different Special Interests Groups. The Editorial Board, lead by the Editor-in-Chief, is in charge of the Journal of EAHIL.
- According to its statutes, EAHIL brings together Full (voting) Members from the Member States of the Council of Europe, and Associate (non voting) Members from other countries.
- Commercial companies, whose interests coincide with those of the Association, are supporting EAHIL activities as Affiliated Members.