By Mala Mann | Published: 2023-09-15
We invite EAHIL Community and interested persons to submit a 500-word abstract for oral and poster presentations, as well as for continuing educational courses and workshops. The call for abstracts will close on 31 October 2023.
As you may already know, the 19th European Association for Health Information and Libraries (EAHIL) Conference will take place in the vibrant capital city of Latvia, Riga, a UNESCO World Heritage site, from June 11th to 14th, 2024.
The Riga conference theme, “Small Step and a Giant Leap: Reorienting Towards a New Environment,” encourages libraries to adapt and thrive amidst continual evolution, encompassing both incremental changes and significant advancements while building upon the inspiring ideas of the EAHIL 2023 theme.
The abstracts should target one or more of the conference sub-themes:
- Shaping the Educational Environment
- Research & Open Science
- Libraries as change agents
- Visibility & Strategic presence
- Technology & Tools
The content of the abstract should contain the following information:
- a clear statement of purpose
- a brief summary of the present situation related to your subject (a short summary of the literature or current practice in order to provide the necessary background, context, or introduction of your contribution)
- a description of the methods, approaches or techniques you plan to use if your abstract is related to a workshop or continuing education session
- a concise overview of your input or key highlights
The IPC will evaluate the abstracts using the following criteria:
- relevance to conference theme
- clarity, coherence and organization of writing
- relevance to practice
- contribution of the work
For more details and submission guidelines, please visit our Conference website
or contact the Conference Commitee via email@example.com.
We extend our gratitude for your participation and eagerly anticipate your presence at EAHIL 2024 in Riga!